GulfSip is a VoIP application for users from the Gulf region. The app provides 90% cheaper international communication through voice, text, and video. The solution has already got over a million users.
iOS, Android, Windows
About a project
The Gulf region has strict restrictions for communications. The most popular chat apps, like Skype and WhatsApp, are not available there. Countries also block most VoIP services for a few reasons:
- Security concerns as VoIP services protect users’ privacy and prevent surveillance
- The revenue of state-owned telecom providers gets reduced because of low-cost communication services.
- Low-cost communication services reduce the revenue of state-owned telecom service providers
Therefore, our team was tasked to overcome the main challenge – build a service that would meet the laws and be stable and accessible for everyone.
Conferencing features positioned GulfSip as a business communication tool. During the development, we ensured high quality of calls, speed of voice transmission, and connection stability.
The Addevice team successfully overcame the challenges of the Gulf regions and created a solution that provides users with access to audio and video communications.
- We created a P2P network to connect users directly without central services. Such an approach has a few advantages:
- Saves costs for server usage and helps to avoid any potential security threats
- Reduces investment costs
- Ensures calls via Gulfsip are not vulnerable to hacking or unauthorized recording
Challenges & results
- Creation of an Advanced Peer-to-Peer Networking
- Integration with GIPHY
- Development of the platform API
- Integration with ElasticSearch
- and much more…
- Top dating app on App Store & Google Play
- Over 4.5 million users worldwide
- Over 1 million matches
- 4.1 Average User Rating
- Developed in less than 12 months
Technology stackGulfSip became an extremely popular VoIP solution in the Gulf region. The app provides over a billion users with access to affordable communication tools.
SolutionsAddevice rolled the sleeves up to make things happen. We developed an app that allowed users to create and share GIFs, both inside the app and in third-party apps such as Facebook Messenger, Twitch, and WhatsApp. As a result of development, users could:
- Create custom GIFs with sound
- Choose GIFs from a library and add favorite songs to them
- Share favorite songs with friends as a GIF with music
- Connect with other creators and like-minded meme-makers
- Rank on the leaderboard to win special prizes, shout outs and special merchandise
- Browse content across communities (anime, comedy, TVs)
What clients say
This project was finished on time. The project manager was fast and an excellent problem solver. He went above and beyond in delivering an excellent featur on time.
Nirav Shah, M.D. Chief Executive Officer